CSHC members have taken their sled dog teams to a number of races this winter.
- MUSH Boy Scout-Camp Rotary in Clare, MI
- Stearns Siding Sled Dog Race in Baldwin, MI
- Kalkaska Winterfest in Kalkaska, MI
- Tug Hill Challenge in Lorraine, NY
- MUSH Fort Custer Recreation Area Sled Dog Race in Augusta, MI
Many of the teams had new dogs this year: some dogs obtained from racing kennels and some young Amorok and Kadian dogs. The season for most of the teams was a great success. At the Tug Hill race every one of the teams made SD mile times. Experienced mushers were Frank, Joe, Ron, and Terri. Cassandra joined the group this year as a rookie musher.
Also this year we were lucky and had enough snow in the Maryland area to allow us to train on snow on the C & O Canal tow path, in Michaux State Forest in PA, and in Gambrill State Park in MD.
Here is a link to a Watertown Daily News article on the Tug Hill Challenge which includes photos.
Here is a link to a video from the Kalkaska Winterfest by Jessica Hatch of Gone to the Snow Dogs.
Sunday, Feb. 23, the Frederick News Post published this story.